Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lazy day

Ok so today was really just a slow day just pottering on the bus - am waiting for something to arrive for my welder. So until I get this I am resolved to simply cleaning up the body as much as I can in preparation for cutting rusted tin off and splicing new panels and metal back in place.  Also removed a lot of the tinware on the engine and prepping that for primer and paint eventually.

Continued to grind way some of the bondo on the rockers and it was much worse than I though .... swiss cheese completely along the whole rocker. The previous owner had inserted some of sticky gunk and matting inside the rocker and then  sealed up with no more nails and bondo'ed over the top. Muppet repair number one. 
Spent a couple of hours on the nose and the only thing holding it together was a couple of screws an the bottom, a welding tack in the odd place at the top and a heap of bondo. It is in dire straights and I don't know if I will be able to fix this. Even corrigated iron has less waves in it. Also the surface was not prepared properly and it had a layer of rust over the surface. Muppet repair number two

Roll on next weekend.

Followers